Saturday, March 12, 2016

Truth Be Told

I wasn't at my best this week, with studies and life in general this week has been a difficult one.  Myself, my teen and I were involved in a car accident on Tuesday, and I won't delve into too much information but, it totaled my car.  We were blessed, watched over and protected.  It could've been a whole lot worse.  I don't know the lesson yet from this experience.  Maybe it is to be grateful, to live life to the fullest.  Maybe it is life is too short.  Maybe it is God loves us, watches over us and protects us.  That is something I've always known and this week I have definitely felt it.

I love these parts of the scriptures where John is afraid to ask the Savior for the thing he wants most in his heart.  It is a righteous desire and the Lord knows already what John is going to ask for.  John has to believe and trust that Christ will do just as He says He will, and of course He does.  I'd like to have that gift, be here till the Savior comes. That would be wonderful.

I think there are a few things in my life and in my heart that I know I have prayed for mightily.  I know the Lord keeps his promises.  I need to continue to have faith and patience knowing that my time will come.  I find comfort in the story of Hannah, we share the same struggle.  She loved the Lord and didn't fear to share everything with Him.  She trusted Him but, she still had her struggles.  I love Hannah.  I love the faith she had, she is a wonderful example.  I love even more that her prayers were answered in a big way!

No comments:

Post a Comment