Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter Week..

I love the information that is given on the church site.  It has daily happenings of the Savior's life, death and resurrection.  I love learning about Him and the things that He has done.  I would like for us as a family to really celebrate and understand the importance of this week, or even the 40 days leading to it.  My teen has been really interested in fasting more and learning about the Savior.  I love that she wants to know more.  It helps us to be better.

I appreciate the lesson that Lori gave in Pathway.  She shared one of my favorite talks by Bruce R.  McConkie.  It has been labeled a few different names. The Three Gardens of God is a title that I have read and heard many times.    Here's the link Bruce R McConkie Talk .  I love the invitation  and a statement that Elder McConkie gives,   he says, " Join with me in gaining a sound and sure knowledge of the Atonement."  I love the simplicity of his invitation, it is important, needful, and brings peace to the soul.

It is a wonderful reminder at this time of year.  I have a quote on my wall from his testimony, It says,
 "I am one of His witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears.
But I shall not know any better then than I know now that He is God’s Almighty Son, that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through His atoning blood and in no other way."  
I love looking at this reminder everyday.  I love at this time of year the feelings, teachings and reminders of the gift that both God and Christ gave us.  I love knowing that one day because of the Savior's gift of life I will see my dad again.  That is the greatest gift of Easter.  (My father and a picture of his grave)


No comments:

Post a Comment