Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I remember

being a really new missionary in Nevada.  I had just reached my first area.   General Conference was coming up and right before that was about to happen, we had The Relief Society General Meeting (as it was called back then).  As I am typing this I have come to the realization that I am getting old!!

I remember being at that meeting where our new prophet President Gordon B Hinckley shared with us a new proclamation.  The Proclamation of the Family. I remember thinking wow, that was really cool, not quite understanding the depth and magnitude of what I had just witnessed. It spells everything out so I don't have to.  It makes everything perfectly clear.  The best thing is?  It came from the Lord's mouth, not mine.  You can take His words to the bank!

Fast forward almost 20 years I've been home from my mission and the grandeur of that message has not escaped me. I look back and think of the wisdom and love that God has for us, all those years ago.  The Proclamation of the Family seems to have taken greater importance today.  I am glad I don't have to figure it out for myself.  I am grateful for its message, its truth, and its importance.  I am really excited that we are trying to memorize it.  I think I will add that to my Personal Progress list of things I am doing.  Lovingly, I am killing two important birds with one stone.  Kind of like the Brother of Jared...kidding.. but if you got that joke you must be Mormon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment