Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Time

As time passes, I have come to realize that it goes faster and faster.  We have a senior in high school.  She will be going to college soon after.  She has been bugging me to look into adoption.  We have always considered it whether we could have more biological children or not.  My teen has been the one to put a fire under it.

We went to the LDS Family Service Center here and found out they don't really do anything to help members adopt, I don't know the reasons but, that's ok.  A few months ago I created a gofundme.com page to help with costs.  I don't know what they are yet.  I think I did that to appease my teen.  I wasn't planning on sharing it and didn't.  Little did I know that my teen did.  So, the word is out that we are looking, thinking, hoping, praying, all the beginning steps a person can take.

As soon as I shared my thoughts about looking into adoption a friend told me that I should look into fostering children.  I found some information and requested to know more.  Today I received an email letting me know about orientations they are having all over the valley for fostering children.  I plan on attending one, and so does my teen.  That's where we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment