Friday, October 23, 2015

President Monson

The link above is the video I describe below.

First of all, I love the videos that we were able to see in Digging a little deeper.  They all were really good but, the one that touched me the most was the one with President Monson talk about death and how we will live again.  I know that to be true but it is so nice to be able to hear it again.  I miss my dad alot.  I can't wait to see him again better, and whole.  What a wonderful, marvelous thing to look forward to and work towards.

Secondly we were working on goals.   I really like this quote my teacher posted.  I even put in on my FB page to share it with others about becoming.  This quote really touched me and made me think about who and what I am becoming.  I need to post this in different places to be reminded.

While [the Savior] recognized the importance of do, the Savior identified be as a “weightier matter…Many of us create to do lists to remind us of things we want to accomplish. But people rarely have to be lists. Why? To do’s are activities or events that can be checked off the list when done. To be, however, is never done. You can’t earn checkmarks with to be’s… Christlike to be’s cannot be seen, but they are the motivating force behind what we do, which can be seen.” -Elder Robbins

Lastly, we talked about working on goals in our Pathway class.  I know I have alot of things to work on but, on my table there were people who didn't think they had anything to work on, or haven't set a goal since young women.  I found that strange and a littl unsettling.  I sat there really working on what i want to do and become.  i want to be healthier and I wrote different things and aspects that will help me be successful.  Especially including the Lord in my quest.  I found that those who didn't know what to do inspired me because I always want to work on being better and becoming the person the Lord would have me be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment